Unearth Your Paradise Within…
Surrounded by the Natural Beauty of Costa Rica!
March 2-9, 2019
Explore your truth and find your inner wellspring of contentment while nestled between pristine beaches and tropical rainforests
Open your heart and clear your head while building strength and flexibility with a reflective Yoga, Qi Gong and Meditation practice. As you relax, laughter and joy will bubble to your surface, just in time to take a dip in the warm ocean water or share happy hour with new friends!
Does that sound amazing to you? Then join us for a retreat at the beautiful eco-resort Ojo Del Mar. Located on the Osa Peninsula, it is one of the country’s most untouched destinations, a quick flight from San Jose, Costa Rica’s capital.
The retreat will include the following juicy practices:
- Gentle Yoga & Guided Meditation
- Qi Gong, like a cross between yoga and tai-chi, it consists of gentle yet effective movements to create a more energized body and relaxed mind
- Essential oils, which create instant shifts in your emotional state, will be offered to enhance your experience
- Daily intentions will be threaded throughout each practice so that you can tap into your inner truth
- Ayurvedic talk to understand what makes you “uniquely you.”
- Yoga Nidra (yoga of sleep) “pajama party.” Yoga Nidra is a deeply relaxing guided meditation…20 minutes of Yoga Nidra is said to equal 3 hours of REM sleep.
Co-facilitators Annie Hopper, RYT-500, and Holly Padove, certified Qi Gong instructor and RYT-200 will guide you on this fabulous 8-day journey. (See bios below)
Each cabina has its own mosaic-floored outdoor garden shower and sink. All standard cabinas and beach nests have access to a shared hot shower bathroom.
All superior cabinas have private indoor bathroom, shower, lights (solar) and king size beds for double rooms.
The nests are spacious, screened in and close to the ocean on wooden platforms. They have a private outdoor shower, along with a communal bathhouse.
All inclusive per person pricing includes 8 days/7 nights, luxurious, eco-friendly lodging, all meals, daily Yoga & Qi Gong practices and more! Pricing is as follows:
Beach Nest (basic rooms)
Single- $2,090 (Sold out!)
Double- $1,952 (Sold out!)
Double – $2,332
Triple – $2,090
Quad – $1,899
Double- $2,472 (sold out!)
Triple – $2,232 (one space remains!)
Quad – $2,039 (one space remains!)
Tantalize Your Tastebuds
Ojo del Mar serves delicious fresh food from their own organic gardens and locally sourced produce from the farmer’s market.
- 8 days and 7 nights at Ojo Del Mar, an intimate, eco-friendly retreat center
- Your choice of luxurious accommodations (see above for descriptions)
- Three organic meals per day
- Pre-breakfast coffee, tea, light snack and fruit
- Use of sweet water pool with ocean view
- All group sessions with Annie and Holly at the open-air wooden deck right on the beach
- Yoga & Meditation
- Qi Gong
- A deposit of $500 is due upon registration to confirm your spot
- 50% of balance due August 1, 2018
- Remaining balance due December 1, 2018
- For those signing up after December 1, full payment is due
- If you prefer to pay by credit card, 3.5% will be added to cover fees
They describe their style of cooking as healthy comfort food, presented beautifully with minimal fuss, served with care and just a light touch of flare.
A seasonally inspired buffet features a selection of either vegetarian, chicken or fish entrees accompanied by a variety of interesting side dishes and a homemade dessert.
What’s Not Included
- Tips to staff at end of retreat
- Travel Insurance
- Transportation including flights, taxis or other means of travel, including shuttle bus to/from retreat center and airport
- Food purchased not part of the above mentioned meals
- Alcoholic beverages, available for purchase at the resort
- Massages at spa
- Optional activities during free time such as surfing, hiking, etc.
About Holly Padove, Certified Qi Gong Instructor, RYT-200, Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist
My lifelong quest for balance through life’s twists and turns led me to Yoga and an Eastern spiritual path in my mid- 20’s. Besides a short Yoga stint in high school gym class, my first Yoga classes were Kundalini when I was 24, followed by a Tai Chicourse.
As I became more centered within myself, and more drawn to natural health and wellness practices, I realized that my true path was in the healing arts. With that in mind, I became a ma
ssage therapist in 1991, and a Yoga Teacher in 1999, studying with Erich Schiffman initially then receiving my RYT in 2013.
Around 2001, I developed a passion for Ayurveda as it blended my love of nature with an amazing nature-based healing tradition. With a deep desire to embrace Ayurveda and help others with its health-giving wisdom, I attended the California College of Ayurveda, receiving a degree as a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist in 2004.
In 2012 a friend encouraged me to attend a weekend Qi Gong workshop. Initially I was a little hesitant since I was already a devoted yogini. That weekend the gentle, yet powerful movements of Qi Gong set in motion many positive changes in my life, infusing me with Qi (life force) in a way I had never experienced. I went on to train with Holden Qi Gong, receiving my teaching certification in 2013.
I currently teach four classes per week: two Yoga and two Qi Gong. I also offer Ayurvedic workshops including training Yoga teachers in Ayurveda, and see clients privately at my Arroyo Grande, CA studio. In addition to certifications in Yoga, Qi Gong, Massage (including Reiki 1), Ayurveda and Life Coaching, I hold a B.A. degree from the University of Hawaii.
I live in Arroyo Grande, California, on the beautiful Central Coast with my amazing husband, a dog, a cat, a horse, two goats and four chickens! We call our ranchette “Om on The Range!” I also love to travel the world, cook healthy meals with fresh picked veggies from our garden, ride my horse, and be active in the great outdoors.
About Annie Hopper, RYT-500
I fell in love with Yoga the first time I stepped onto a mat in 1993 and have been voraciously studying ever since.
Passionate about Restorative Yoga and all of its benefits, I became certified in 2009 after completing my first Yoga Teacher Training at The Yoga Tree in San Francisco with Judith Hanson Lasater.
One year later, I founded and operated Grass Valley Yoga Studio, and began to share my love of this beautiful practice. I successfully completed the Foundations of Svaroopa Yoga teacher training in 2012. I received my 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification through The Yoga Shack in Nipomo, CA.
My family and I relocated to California’s Central Coast in 2014 and I am grateful to have found the incredible community of Yoga Village which has welcomed me with open arms as the owner / director, since March 2016. I received my Yoga Alliance 500 hour Advanced Teaching Certification through Yoga Village’s master faculty and I look forward to sharing with you!
Cancellation Policy per person: (must be made in writing)
- Any cancellation received between March 1 – August 31, 2018 will result in a loss of $250
- Any cancellation received between September 1 – October 31, 2018 will result in a loss of $500 deposit
- Any cancellation received between November 1 – December, 2018 will result in loss of 50% of trip price
- Any cancellation received January 1, 2019 until retreat date will result in a total loss of funds
We reserve the right to cancel the trip if it is not meeting the trip minimum. If we cancel, your payments will be fully refunded. Trip cancellation insurance is always recommended when making travel plans.
See you in Paradise!