Oneness with Nature:
A Yoga and Ayurveda Retreat-Mexican Riviera,
Haramara Retreat Center, Sayulita
April 2-9, 2016
and Play as you Rekindle
Your Peaceful Inner Nature!
Daydreaming of taking a breather? Yearning to slow down and reflect on what’s really important to you? Want to deepen your yoga practice? Ready to bring health enhancing tools into your daily life? Then this Yoga and Ayurveda retreat is for you!
Gently swaying in your hammock as you are caressed by the gentle, warm breeze, while gazing at the ocean below. Feeling your heart open and receptive during a luxurious restorative yoga class as you breathe in the fresh, fragrant air. Vibrating with energy during gentle and easy-to-follow Chi Gong movements. Sharing a delicious and fresh organic meal with like-minded new friends. Cleansing your spirit in the warm ocean waters.
Join Holly Padove (RYT, CAS) and Lisa Marie (ERYT, Reiki Master) and blossom into your peaceful inner nature at the beautiful Haramara Retreat Center.
Relax and renew, with all –levels Yoga (relaxing restorative and yin and more active Hatha), Chi Gong (like a gentle, moving meditation) and Ayurveda (A nature-based system of holistic health that gives you the tools for a balanced life)
Your body, mind and spirit follow the cycles of nature. Our retreat takes place in spring, a time for new beginnings as flowers fragrantly bloom and nature springs to life. Awaken to your true, vibrant nature and step into this new way of being once you return home.
Haramara, nestled on the hillside between the ocean and jungle near Sayulita, Mexico, is just 45 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta airport and a quick three- hour flight from Los Angeles International Airport.
Transformational Hatha Yoga and Chi Gong
Feel the fresh ocean breeze on your face as you stretch to the sky above and ground to the earth below during restorative, more active Hatha style and yin yoga classes.
Let go and feel that lovely floaty feeling during gentle restorative sessions. Plenty of cushions and blankets will support you as you drop into a state of deep relaxation. Get your prana moving and release tight areas during Hatha classes. Deeply stretch connective tissues and remove blocks from your meridians (energy centers) during slow, yet powerful Yin Yoga sessions.Experience the amazing flow of universal energy or “Chi” during Chi Gong practice. Chi Gong incorporates graceful movements that amplify your internal energy, helping you to quickly feel full of vitality. You’ll feel settled and harmonious and perhaps touch upon a deep sense of your life’s purpose.
Ayurveda to Learn What Makes You Tick
Do you ever wonder why some people can run 10 miles before dawn, and others can’t wake up without a strong cup of coffee? Ayurveda can tell you why, and help you to accept who you are and bring out your personal best, in all areas of your life! During our Ayurveda sessions, you’ll discover what and how to eat to stay trim and digest your food well, when to sleep, how to destress and what lifestyle choices are balancing for you!
You’ll eat healthy, balancing meals Ayurvedic style, and cook with the resort’s chef, incorporating the six tastes of Ayurveda. You’ll also experience Ayurveda’s “5 elements” through hiking, swimming in the ocean and other activities that playfully teach you how to balance your “dosha,” or constitution. Once you experience this balance, you’ll be equipped with lifelong knowledge for a healthier and more vibrant you!
Holly and Lisa, How Will this Retreat Benefit Me?
- Clear old energy (such as tight muscles, stiff joints, and even anxiety or boredom) freeing space to feel youthful, peaceful, joyful
- Deeply relax and embrace new ways of being as you discover your true nature as spirit
- Learn new strategies to deal with stress and let life’s little irritations roll off your back
- Embrace lifestyle and yoga routines that you can easily blend into your daily life
- Understand your beautiful uniqueness (dosha) to stay healthy, slim and balanced
- Strengthen your connection to nature as we explore the five elements that are within us and all around us
Flourish with the Wonders of Magical Mother Nature!
Haramara (“Mother Sea” in the native Huichol Indian language), situated on 12 acres, provides an exclusive, intimate and secluded seaside tropical retreat. Described as the place “where Robinson Crusoe meets Architectural Digest,” Haramara Retreat’s magic is contagious! The founder of the retreat created this idyllic spot to provide a natural and supportive environment for you to find peace.In addition to enjoying the gorgeous open air dining facilities, terrace, yoga shalas and your private cabana, take a dip in the breathtaking infinity pool overlooking the ocean, deeply relax with a massage at the retreat’s spa, hike the surrounding jungle or stroll down to the pristine beach.
Sweet Dreams in Your Luxurious Yet Unpretentious Cabana
Scattered across the beautiful tropical hillside, your spacious cabaña provides exceptional views of the ocean and jungle canopy. You’ll rest easily in a comfortable bed with hand woven sheets, gauzy sheer curtains to filter the sunlight and oil lamps and candles to softly light your evenings. Most rooms have private hammocks for lazy afternoon naps. Your private bathroom features an opened aired shower with a view!
Freshly Prepared Organic Meals
Not only will you be surrounded by magic, your meals will be out of this world! Your taste buds will explode with the exquisite taste of juicy mangos, fresh avocados, ceviche, Spanish omelets, healthy baked goods and more, all prepared by some of Mexico’s finest chefs.
Sit down to mouthwatering, freshly prepared local, organic “gourmet meals at the retreat’s open air dining room, while enjoying awe-inspiring views of the jungle and the ocean.
Nourish your body, mind and spirit with these gorgeous meals and you’ll see that eating delicious food can be synonymous with feeling light, less bloated and happier!The daily menus are carefully chosen by the head chef and are based on the ingredients that are available that day at the fish and farmers markets. (Primarily vegetarian, but fish and seafood are also served for lunch and dinner) The kitchen staff is friendly, well trained and attentive to your every need, including special diets.
Daily Itinerary to Enkindle Your Spirit --Transform, Explore and Play!
- Gently wake up to the singing of tropical birds, then head up to the Yoga Shala for morning Yoga or Chi Gong Practice.
- After an energizing morning practice that whets your appetite, satisfy your hunger with a delicious buffet breakfast that includes fresh tropical fruit, homemade granola & yogurt, eggs any style, omelets, fresh squeezed juice, tea and coffee.
- Following breakfast, take a break to relax and perhaps write in your journal or just gaze at the waves.
- We meet again mid-morning to learn about Ayurveda and what makes you tick. Our Ayurveda sessions will be a combination of talks and activities.
- Chat with your new friends as you enjoy a nourishing and balancing, three course lunch including either soup or salad, main course (your choice of vegan, vegetarian, tofu, fish or shrimp) and a healthy, scrumptious dessert.
- Following lunch you’ll have plenty of free time to unwind or explore. Melt into a massage offered at the retreat’s spa, swim at the gorgeous infinity pool or nearby ocean, or grab a cab into town (Sayulita) where you can check out the local culture and art, surf, horseback ride, paddleboard or whatever adventure tickles your fancy!
- Late afternoon finds us back at Haramara where we will chill with a super relaxing restorative yoga class or Chi Gong session.
- As the sun sets, you’ll have worked up a great appetite for a four-course dinner. Dinner will include an appetizer, soup or salad, main course with fish, if you’d like, and desert.
- Now for a tropical evening under the stars! Evenings will include everything from a guided meditation to movie night, a beach bonfire, restorative yoga or just watching the stars rise from one of the idyllic spots on the property.
- Wednesday is a free day for you to explore and play. We’ll offer an early morning optional yoga session for those who crave their daily stretch. We can also casually organize a group activity, such as visiting Marietta Island, for those that are interested in discovering this hidden cave beach.
The Word On the Street…
Says renowned yoga luminary Rodney Yee:
“Coming to Haramara is like coming home. My body returns to the earth, my mind mesmerized by the rhythms of the ocean and my spirit flies in this magical place.”
As written in the Huffington Post:
“Get your yoga on at Haramara Retreat…which is an intimate and secluded yoga retreat nestled in the jungle with an amazing beach view. With an emphasis on being one with nature, this magical place was built without mechanical equipment as to not damage the jungle, and each structure was hand-built using traditional construction methods. You will find your inner peace and will want to nama-stay forever.”
Haramara Retreat Center was voted most Spiritual Spa by Spirituality and Health Magazine.
Deposit Complete payment due upon registration to confirm your spot.
- Dormitory cabana option (accommodates up to 5 in a shared room & bathroom facility.): $1,529
- Triple cabana option: (3 per room) $1,695
- Double cabana option: (2 per room, either 1 bed per couple, or two single beds) $1,945
- Single room option (1 person, 1 bed) $2,695
Cancellation Policy per person:
**Any cancellation received in writing until November 30, 2015 will result in a total loss of the $495 USD non-refundable deposit. Any cancellation received in writing between December 1, 2015 and January 1, 2016 will result in a loss of 50% of the trip price. Any cancellation made between January 2, 2016 and February 1, 2016 will result in a 75% loss of the trip price; any cancellation made between February 2, 2016 and the trip departure will result in a total loss of funds. We reserve the right to cancel the trip if it is not meeting the trip minimum (if we cancel your payments are refunded.) Trip cancellation insurance is always recommended when making travel plans.
- 8 days and 7 nights at the 12-acre private retreat center
- The retreat’s amazing amenities (pool, spa, dining room, terrace serving drinks, yoga shalas and more)
- Your choice of room, ranging from luxurious single rooms to quaint dorm style lodging, each with a private bathroom/shower
- 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners with a variety of meal options
- Pre-breakfast coffee and tea
- Cooking class with the award-winning chef
- All group sessions with Lisa and Holly, which include
- Yoga– Restorative, Hatha and Yin
- Chi Gong
- Ayurveda group discussions andactivities (hiking, swimming, etc.)
- Evening activities including a beach bonfire and movie night
- Yoga video highlighting what you learned (following the retreat)
- Ayurveda booklet with your own personal suggestions
What’s Not Included:
- Tips to staff
- Shuttle bus between Retreat Center and the airport
- Travel Insurance
- Transportation including flights, taxis or other means of travel
- Food purchased not part of the above mentioned 21 meals
- Alcoholic beverages
- Massages at spa
- Optional activities during free time such as surfing, hiking, etc.
- Meals not served at the retreat center
ABOUT THE CO-LEADERS
Holly Padove, Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist, RYT, Life Coach
When people meet me they often comment how truly blessed I am and take note of my calm demeanor. But it wasn’t always that way! I credit my rough younger years with my burning desire to create my own reality – now full of love, abundance, health, and the ability to help others find balance.
Born in Chicago in the 1960s, I had a traditional, Midwestern upbringing. At 11 years-old my safe, comfortable world shattered when my mother became ill and passed away. My two brothers and I were yanked from our suburban home, moving to an apartment in Texas where my dad pursued work that never materialized. Dinner was often Velveeta cheese and frozen chicken. I felt abandoned, sad and anxious as life continued to reel out of control for many years.
As a teenager I managed to excel in school, despite hiding from my inner turmoil by partying and developing an unhealthy relationship with food that led to a 4-year bout with bulimia. I did have occasional glimpses of a more balanced me as I loved journaling, hiking, reading self-growth books (I’m Okay, You’re Okay and Erich Fromm’s The Art of Loving) and took my first yoga class at age 16.
Mostly though, I was becoming a Type A person, career bound, choosing the wrong kind of men and pushing for my independence; the path to happiness in my mind. As soon as I finished university, I jumped on the corporate bandwagon, landing a job at a public relations firm in Los Angeles.
Awareness Starts to Blossom
It didn’t make me happy. I yearned for a more meaningful and less stressful life. When in my 20’s a friend asked me what I wanted as I got older. My answer was wisdom (his was a vacation condo). I tore through spiritual and personal growth books, attended Self Realization Fellowship, quieted my mind with meditation, practiced yoga and tai chi, and eventually recovered from bulimia. My battle with food to numb my pain shifted to a passion for healthy sustenance.
In my late 20’s I made another shift to a more mindful lifestyle. I left the big city and moved to California’s Central Coast, starting a low-key active-lifestyle PR firm with my soon-to-be ex-husband. My short-lived marriage catapulted me into deep reflection, where I realized that in order to be true to myself I had to stop reacting to life’s circumstances, calm down and make meaningful, heart-opening choices. I knew this somehow included work that contributed to others’ well-being on a deep level.
The Real Learning Begins
My excitement over a local massage school began my voyage as a holistic health practitioner. Over the next two decades, my insatiable thirst for knowledge and better health led me to numerous new degrees – among them licensed massage therapist, registered yoga instructor, level 1 Qi Gong instructor and in 2004, a clinical ayurvedic specialist (California College of Ayurveda).
Coming home to the Healing Side of Yoga (Ayurveda)
Today I see Ayurveda as the pinnacle of my quest for self-knowledge. A nature-based holistic system of health, it encompasses all my interests, including lifestyle and diet (always a big emphasis for me), all steeped in a 5,000 year old healing tradition from India.
With Ayurveda, I had finally found the keys to my own uniqueness, as well as the tools for bringing myself into balance. And my most recent certification as a life coach blends beautifully with Ayurveda and all the rest, allowing me to both help my clients understand what drives them and discover their own deeper wisdom to bring about harmony within themselves.
Time to Take the Leap
In 2014 I finally took the leap from PR to holistic health, selling my business and officially exchanging my pantyhose for yoga pants. I now work full time in the healing arts, sharing my abundant and balanced lifestyle with others through a cornucopia of disciplines, from stress-reducing yoga and Qi Gong classes to private Ayurveda and life coaching consultations and Ayurveda/Yoga workshops and retreats.
Be Here Now
I currently live in Arroyo Grande, California, on the beautiful Central Coast with my amazing husband, two dogs, a cat, horse, three goats and six chickens! We call our ranchette “Om on The Range!” I also love to travel the world, cook healthy meals with fresh picked veggies from our garden, ride my horse, and be active in the great outdoors.
As I reflect on the past years, I realize that for a long time I felt lost. Yet now I realize that there is no such thing as lost. Whether we know it or not, we are always on our path, and every apparent detour only enriches who we are and what we have to give. Today it is my greatest joy to share the riches of my journey with others, and to guide them as they discover their own.
“I am feeling great, lost about 7 pounds now ...Thank you so much for making a positive influence on my life. I am really lucky and very appreciative. “ Larry
“I woke up this morning grateful for all you have taught me…There is so much to notice and learn through the lens of Ayurveda, and of course, put into practice. Thank you for being a gifted practitioner and teacher.” Lisa P.
“Thank you so very much for your wonderful spirit, kindness support and amazing Ayurvedic meetings.” Christie
Lisa Marie Jansen, ERYT, CST, Reiki Master
Good Girl does the white picket fence thingI stayed true to my traditional upbringing in that I did well in school, graduated with a B.A. from Cal Poly University and went on to complete a multiple subject teaching credential. I taught elementary school for 9 years. I married and have 2 children.
Good girl wants more…goes balls out After having my second, lovely child, (I love being a mom more than anything) I took my Yoga practice to the next level and finished 200 hour certification.I left the traditional way of earning a living as a school teacher and went balls out into the unknown often scary place of being an entrepreneur. I established my own Yoga and Healing Arts business.
Conditioning fights back From there my conditioning kicked in pretty hard! My parents are hard-working entrepreneurs, watching them as I grew up sent strong messages about working yourself to death to be successful. I opened and ran a profitable Yoga Studio in Arroyo Grande for 7 years, studied and learned in depth, all styles of Yoga, Reiki, Cranio Sacral Therapy, Thai Massage, Yoga Therapy, and a handful of other healing modalitites. I had large classes and a very dedicated clientelle and student base. To say the least I wore many hats at the Yoga Center. I was operating, managing, teaching, and creating new workshops and classes. I was also a full time single mom.
I maintained a passion and zest for life, enjoyed all aspects of parenting. I participated in my kids sports, schools, and social lives. I also took a continuous flow of professional trainings to support having more skills in the healing arts profession and created and taught many one of a kind workshops, classes, as well as maintained a strong private practice. Up until my late 40’s I didn’t know when to say no, rest, or how to Just let life be. I pushed, I was driven and desperate to prove myself as Successful (as defined by traditional conditioning.). Being and allowing were not my reality.
As all things do change, over time with insight meditation, support from other women in my field, and the willingness to change and LET GO, I began a different dance. A dance that has morphed into my services, my healing sessions, and my own life. I invite you, if you are so called to work with me. I love sharing my wisdom, gifts, and sincere support to all who are interested and ready.
If you’re ready to start living a life deeply connected to yourself and others…a life that is guided by your intuition and inner knowing…a life of ease, peace, trust and contentment…then we may be a fit.
It is my passion, joy and purpose to walk the path to the heart with others who are called to do the same.