Understand Yourself and How to Create Balance!
Introduction to Ayurveda Series 3/30 – 4/27
VATA, PITTA or KAPHA, which “constitution” or “dosha” are you? Why does it matter? Do you wonder why one person is inspired to run 10 pre-dawn miles, while another can’t wake up without two shots of espresso?
The “Introduction to Ayurveda” workshop explains these differences and shows you how to understand your dosha so you can keep yourself in balance, and have the tools and know-how to do so. Considered the healing side of yoga, Ayurveda, a 5,000 –year-old healing science from India, offers a natural, balanced approach to optimal health.
Taught by Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist Holly Padove, the inspiring five-week workshop will reveal easy-to-implement Ayurvedic choices that balance body, mind and spirit, and will be especially tailored for the spring months, the ideal time to hit the “reset” button.
WHEN: Five sessions – Mondays 6:30– 8:00 pm; March 30-April 27
WHERE: Om on the Range, Old Oak Park Road, Arroyo Grande
COST: $89 for pre-registration by March 21; $99
REGISTER OR MORE INFO: Holly Padove, firstname.lastname@example.org; 805-440-4561
The five sessions will cover Ayurvedic topics such as:
- Ayurvedic philosophy, the five elements and discovering your dosha (constitution)
- Balancing your dosha with food choices, food combining and cooking techniques
- Cooking and eating an Ayurvedic meal together!
- Common herbs and spices for balance and health
- Harmonious daily routines
- Yoga, meditation and exercise best for your dosha and the spring season
- Meditation, colors and aromatherapy for the doshas
This is a must for any student of yoga, as yoga and Ayurveda are intricately intertwined!
About the Instructor: Holly Padove is a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist. She has a private Ayurvedic practice, Balanced Living Ayurveda, located in Arroyo Grande where she offers private consultations to clients. Holly is also a Registered Yoga and Teacher and certified Qi Gong instructor.